Thursday, April 26, 2018

Already Thursday?

Somehow it's already Thursday night, and now I have to mentally prepare for dentist appointments tomorrow afternoon for the three oldest. There is just NO simple way to take more than one child to the dentist.

When I got home from Annapolis last week, Sydney and Lorelei immediately asked me if they could switch bedrooms. As in, Sydney gets her own room and Lorelei and Ford share. Chet said they cooked up this idea at the beginning of the weekend, and hadn't let it go yet. I felt like it could work, but told them I needed to think about it.

Fast forward to the very next morning (Tuesday the 17th), and as soon as I finished dropping Ford and Ruthie off at the Child Development Center to spend a couple of hours, Sydney and Lorelei were begging to switch rooms "and would do all the work themselves."

Well. I took them up on that. I made them a list of what they needed to do, and they did it. I got involved in the afternoon, but by dinnertime we were done with the project.

So far so good, and I told them they weren't allowed to switch again for six months so don't even ask.

Anyway, this means Ford now uses one of the white Ikea desks, and he has been enjoying it. As I said on Instagram, when I took this picture he was VERY RELUCTANTLY letting Ruthie (barely) look over his shoulder while he looked at books. (He and Ruthie are arch nemeses at this point in time.)

On Monday we spent most of the morning outside. We used to do this a lot at the beginning of the school year, but have gotten out of the habit. The kids still play outside of course, just mostly in the afternoons, and I don't usually join them (that's the back of our house in the picture, so the playground is CLOSE). Recently Sydney discovered my old iPhone, which can pretty much just take pictures and has a car racing app to play, and is the reason the three of them look so cozy on that bench. (Soon after I confiscated the phone and they were back to normal as far as insisting on personal space.)

Whew. Is anyone else tired? I'm finding it hard to write sentences that make sense. I hope your week has been a good one -- on to Friday!

No comments: