Monday, April 9, 2018

When Spring Break Breaks You

Apparently our spring break was so much fun it made us all sick. Ruthie's pink eye before Easter ended up being the LEAST of our problems this past week. Ford's skin after I took him to urgent care on Sunday afternoon continued to look red and angry and feel itchy, so he went to see his regular doctor Thursday and is now MUCH better.

I started running a fever Monday night. Y'all. Adult fevers are FOR THE BIRDS. Personally, my body is just too old and rickety to gracefully handle heating up past 98.6 degrees. I was still functioning on Tuesday (we all missed school though), but by Wednesday I couldn't even stand for more than a few minutes. Thankfully Thursday I started to rally, although I did too much and my temperature started to climb again in the afternoon. Slowly since then I've inched toward wellness, but it wasn't until Sunday I could actually catch up on housework.

Lorelei and Sydney both also ran fevers later in the week, Lorelei first, then Sydney. Chet's cough worsened over the week, but he was able to go back to the doctor today, so hopefully he'll finally start to get well.

All this sickness also means I haven't been able to run. I ran Monday morning, but not since then, and I'm going out of town this weekend (Friday - Monday), and wasn't planning on doing any running while I was gone. All that makes me a little nervous since the marathon is in less than a month now, but I have the option of dropping down to the half marathon the day before the race, which may be what has to happen.

Ok, friends. That was a little depressing (sorry about that!). Here were the kids Friday midday, getting into the car to go through the McDonald's drive thru (the ultimate health food chain). No one wore shoes (unless you count Ford's slippers), Ruthie was wearing a skirt from the dress-up bin, and Ford was in full Spider-Man get-up. Sydney was dressed for a Christening, and Lorelei looked like she was headed to basketball practice.

Happy Monday! I hope your weekend was a healthy one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha. Loved your descriptions of their outfits!