Thursday, June 14, 2018

February Reading

Here's what I read in February!

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (audiobook) by Ransom Riggs -- This was a good listen (I loved the guy who read the audiobook version). It wasn't THE BEST BOOK EVER, but I'll probably listen to/read the sequel.

Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson -- This Newbery Medal winner was fantastic. There's a big spoiler that I actually heard on a podcast either shortly before I read the book, or right after I started reading it. I read it anyway, and am really glad I did. It's also a movie I think the girls would like to watch (probably during the day this summer, when it's too hot to go outside).

Wonder by R. J. Palacio -- I read this aloud to Sydney and Lorelei, and then we watched the movie. There were a few parts I felt were over their head, and I censored a sentence here and there, but we enjoyed it. The movie was good too.

After You (audiobook) by Jojo Moyes -- I read the first book in this series, Me Before You, when we lived in Virginia. I liked both of them, but I'm not going to recommend them to absolutely everyone I meet (some books will make me do that though!). The reason is because I have a problem with the main character, Louisa. She's the most boring person in the world.

A Rule Against Murder by Louise Penny -- I heard this book was a turning point in this series, specifically the point where the author hit her stride. "They" were right!

Who Thought This Was a Good Idea?: And Other Questions You Should Have Answers to When You Work in the White House (audiobook) by Alyssa Mastromonaco -- As always, I like memoirs read by the author. While she and I may differ in our politics, I liked learning about her experience.

That's it for February. Happy reading!

No comments: