Friday, June 1, 2018

June 1st

There's not much better than the first day of a new month. I love the option of a fresh start every four weeks! (Please tell me I'm not the only one who often falls behind in life...)

I'll probably go into more detail later, but the last time I blogged was right before the marathon, which I survived! It was a great experience, and a great weekend trip overall. However, it took me about two weeks to physically recover, ha! (Apparently I had so much recovering to do that I couldn't even bring myself to sit in a chair in front of the computer to type out a blog post. Yikes.)

I'm flipping through my planner in which I write down the things we do each day (I use it more as a shorthand diary rather than to keep track of future events), but I even fell behind on writing in that this past month. I'm telling you this boring tidbit about myself because I'm experiencing short(ish)-term memory loss, and cannot recall what on earth we did in May.

Duh! Mother's Day! We had a SUPER low-key Mother's Day, and I failed to find Mother's Day cards (to send out) that I liked until after the day had already passed, so I spent about a week mailing belated Mother's Day wishes.

I'm pretty sure the rest of our month held nothing too out of the ordinary. Sydney and Lorelei finished up their homeschool PE class, and Sydney also completed her 2nd grade math book. Once she did that I "officially" promoted her and Lorelei to the next grade. (Little do they know, they're "enrolled" in year-round school, because they have a #meanmom.)

The last three days the kids and I attended a Classical Conversations practicum, which is an event all parents in the program are highly encouraged to attend each summer. The kids are divided into camps (by age) while the parents (mostly moms) listen to a speaker and receive training. It was great, but the church where the practicum was held is an hour from our house, and the daily sessions lasted from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m...let's just say TGIF (I may not leave my house for an entire week in order to fully recover).

Time to round up Sydney and Lorelei for gymnastics (they normally attend Wednesdays at 3 p.m., but  we're making up this week's class tonight at 7 p.m.). TGIF indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is Ruthie training for a marathon? Great pic!