Thursday, June 28, 2018

March Reading

Here's what I read in March!

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas -- You guys...this book is amazing. I don't normally gravitate toward books where the subject matter is so real and relevant (I prefer fiction that provides a break from the real world; it's the same reason I don't enjoy like shows like "This Is Us" -- TOO REAL). But this is a brilliant, often FUNNY book (at one point the main character is scared her dad is going to get out of the car because then everyone will see his ashy knees and socks + sandal-clad feet) that I HIGHLY recommend.

A Man Called Ove (audiobook) by Fredrik Backman -- The audio version of this book was great (it's originally written in Swedish, and I've heard some people have a hard time getting into the print version). It's about an older man who is VERY SET IN HIS WAYS, coping with life after his wife's death, and the unexpected hope he finds in (unwillingly) befriending the people in his neighborhood.

Hardcore Twenty-Four by Janet Evanovich -- I'll continue to read this series by Janet Evanovich as long as she continues to write them. Often ridiculous, but always enjoyable, and a great palate cleanser between harder-to-read books.

The Almost Sisters (audiobook) by Joshilyn Jackson -- I've never read a Joshilyn Jackson book before, but apparently tons of people (women) love her. This book was read by the author, and I liked her voice (always a plus when listening to an audiobook!). I'm not sure this is something I would have read in print, but it was an enjoyable story to listen to while training for the marathon.

That's it for March. Happy reading!

No comments: