Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Muesday

Muesday = an official blogging term (that I just made up) meaning you meant to blog Monday, but didn't get around to it until Tuesday.

I'm going to skip Mary Kay Monday this week, but always feel free to browse my website (www.marykay.com/ashleywyckoff) 24/7, and do yourself a favor and take a look at the gorgeous limited-edition City Modern products (new for fall)!

I need to devote an entire post to our super fun weekend (not this past weekend, but the weekend before) in Salisbury/Ocean City, MD.  I'll do that this week.

This past weekend, I got up early on Saturday and attended a semi-annual kids' consignment sale at my friend's kids' school.  The sale started at 7 a.m. (which is also when I arrived).  I scored these adorable Crocs for Bubby for $3, among other things:

I even had time to go to Starbucks and the bank, all before 9:30 a.m.!  When I got home Chet had just finished feeding the kids breakfast, so we dressed them and headed over to the Del Ray Farmer's Market, something we hadn't done in many months (maybe even before the winter?).  We bought some juicy peaches and empanadas (one chicken, one pork), which we ate while the kids played on the playground.

Sunday we went to church, then headed straight over to one of the bases in the area for an annual work picnic (we didn't attend the picnic last year, because Chet was already taking his weekend prep courses to prepare for the professional engineer exam).  The picnic was from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. at a pavilion right by the river, and there was a bounce house and playground for the kids.  Also, lots of good food.  The weather was warm, but there was a breeze since we were right on the water, and we had a delightful time.  The girls are at an age where they are content playing together/with other kids (especially when there are older girls around who take our girls under their wing, which there were), and are old enough to know better than to run off or into the street.  And Ford was also quite content, and it was easy for both Chet and me to keep tabs on just him while he wandered around.

We spent the rest of Sunday relaxing at home, preparing for the upcoming week.

Sunday night I was in a dinner rut (as in, I had no idea what we were going to eat for dinner this week), so I did some Googling Monday morning and was provided with a few ideas.  Last night we had tacos (I always use ground turkey instead of beef), and a dip that Chet and I really like: 1/2 avocado, 1/2 cup black beans (drained and rinsed), 2-ish cups (depending on desired consistency) of salsa.  Blend together in blender.  Eat hungrily with chips.

Tonight is my weekly Mary Kay meeting, so we always do a very simple dinner that the babysitter feeds the kids (Chet will eat leftover tacos), but tomorrow I am going to cook this crockpot meal.  I may also do this honey garlic chicken one night.

Last week I made the slow cooker spaghetti sauce, and it is definitely something I will be making again.  I also made slow cooker cocktail weenies and they were amazing (if you love cocktail weenies, which I do).  I may not make them as often for dinner, but I will definitely be using the recipe if we need to bring an appetizer to some sort of event.
They were much more appetizing than this picture depicts.

That's it for now -- have a great Muesday!  Oh, and happy September 1st!  If you know me at all, or have been a blog reader for a while, you know how much I love the first day of the month, especially September, because surely that means cool, crisp fall weather is just around the corner, right (RIGHT?!)?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...good title!