Monday, March 12, 2018

Good Weekend and Monday

How was your weekend? Your Monday?

As predicted, I breathed nary a breath of fresh air on Saturday until 5:15 p.m., and only then because the commissary (grocery store on base) was closing in 45 minutes. Prior to that I did in fact help Sydney and Lorelei conquer their lego explosion/deep clean their room.

Ford accompanied me to the grocery store, and afterward we let the children eat chicken nuggets in the living room while watching a movie (which, of course, excited them to no end).

The time change was not kind to us, so we missed church Sunday morning (the time change, combined with the dense fog advisory, hardly left us with a choice). Chet convinced me to shift around some shelving in the garage and laundry room, so that provided an unexpected (but fun!) early Sunday project.

A little after noon I went for my long run (14 miles!). It was a little more rough than last week's run (I blame Ruthie's birthday cake).

Sunday evening we were fed by our generous neighbors, and let the kids enjoy the "extra" hour of outside play.

Today Ruthie went to the 2-year old class at the Child Development Center for the first time and did great. I was the only one nervous about it; she hardly skipped a beat.

The older kids and I tackled some learning and chores at home, and then Sydney and Lorelei rode bikes to their weekly piano lesson.

All in all a productive day! It's supposed to rain the rest of the week, so I'll have to rely on this cheery throw pillow to remind me that spring/summer is indeed around the corner.

Oh, and I found this picture Ford snapped of Ruthie from earlier this evening:
Ha! Her mother should wipe her face...

2 comments:

Shannon said...

14 miles???? Wow!!!! that's awesome! How long does that take you?

Anonymous said...

Ford did a good job with the camera, and Ruthie did a good job posing!