Friday, March 16, 2018

Pajama Day

Today was a pajama day. And mostly a "play" day:

It was also a rainy day, and a day when we had nowhere we needed to be. So, naturally, what's the point of changing out of pajamas?

Actually, Ford, on his own accord, changed into clothes around 9 a.m. Sydney and I dressed around 1 p.m. Lorelei and Ruthie never got dressed.

When Chet came home from work (around 5 p.m.) Lorelei looked at me, startled. "Is Daddy home for lunch?" 

Me: "No...he's home for the evening."

Lorelei: "But I'm still in my pajamas!" 

Me: "Yep."

Lorelei (thinks for a few moments): "Well, I'm not going to get dressed now, because that would just be a waste of an outfit. But I'll put on fresh pajamas for bed."

And that's what she (and Ruthie) did.

(Full disclosure: Chet actually thought I was still in my pajamas when he got home from work, but I informed him in a slightly icy tone that these were, in fact, "real" clothes. Hmph.)

Hopefully you eased into the weekend as comfortably as we did!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Way to go on teaching those kids early about the importance of pajama days! Good job, mama!
LOL on Lorelei's response....but oops on Chet's response - haha!