Thursday, March 22, 2018

My Big Girls

Last Sunday after church, Sydney, Lorelei, and I went to Walmart, via Starbucks. Sydney ordered a kids' hot chocolate, Lorelei a blueberry muffin (her favorite is the lemon loaf, but they were out), and I got a boring latte (I thoroughly enjoyed my boring latte, it's just that Starbucks keeps getting fancier and fancier with their drink concoctions).

After our sugar fuel, we headed to Walmart. I don't go to Walmart often. It's 10+ miles away (so far!), and it's the only Walmart in what feels like a large radius, so it gets USED. But a Walmart outing felt necessary last Sunday, even though it was CrAzY. Thankfully it was just the big girls and me, otherwise I would have walked right out. All Walmarts are always crazy-busy (let me hear an "Amen!"), but combined with it being a Sunday, a couple of days after pay day, and our particular store in the process of getting completely rearranged (just imagine trying to find the Tostitos, only to realize one of the employees has just loaded every single bag onto a cart headed to their new location clear across the store!), it was MADNESS.

But, again, doable madness with Sydney and Lorelei. Only once or twice did I have to whisper-shout, "It would be easier shopping with Ford and Ruthie right now rather than you two!"

Really, though, they're fun. Usually. You can't stay mad at those little faces for long.

No comments: