Monday, January 18, 2021

Back to School

The kids and I go back to school tomorrow, by which I mean that our homeschool group starts its Tuesday meetings again tomorrow. 

Usually I am beyond ready to go back, but this year I've thoroughly enjoyed the break, and may have a bit of trouble getting back into our normal routine.

(I always tell Lorelei she has angel hair.)

Also, we FINALLY finished Chet's and my bedside tables. Here is one of them (Chet's):

They were NOT finished by the Monday after the New Year (January 4th) like I had hoped/planned. The weekend had ended, and Chet and I agreed we could work on them throughout the week. But then Monday (January 4th) our washing machine broke, so Chet had to take it apart to determine the problem Monday night. (He thankfully DID determined the problem and ordered the parts; my neighbor was out of town and gave us permission to use her washing machine at our convenience for the week.)

Tuesday was Ford's birthday, so there was no painting to be done that day. By the time Wednesday rolled around, we had lost painting steam. 

The washing machine parts arrived Friday, and Chet fixed it Friday night. (Hallelujah!)

Saturday and Sunday (January 9th and 10th) we finished the dressers. I keep calling them dressers, but they are more like mini-dressers/bedside tables. The actual (large) dresser still needs to be painted. We accept and appreciate all prayers that it will get done before we move this summer.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Where is your next move going to be?