Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

After dinner and baths last night, we watched the movie "Spies in Disguise" with the kids. It was enjoyable, but I, of course, fell asleep anyway.

The kids went to bed a little later than usual (9:30 p.m.), and Chet and I were in bed by 10 p.m. 

We didn't even attempt to ring in the new year. MIDNIGHT IS SO LATE.

(I was awakened by fireworks at midnight though, so in a way, I DID ring it in, right?!)

Today I started the painting project, specifically painting MY bedside table:

There is no "after" picture yet. The project is still in progress, and I've learned many things about painting furniture today.

I had planned on doing the project all by myself, but when I asked Chet for some sandpaper mid-afternoon, he inserted himself into the project.

Which is a good thing, because it turns out I don't really enjoy painting furniture, and he happens to be really good at it.

Even though Chet is already a painting expert, he learned a thing or two about chalk paint today. We decided to water down the paint a little, and started painting HIS bedside table with the thinner paint. It's working much better.

I need to get a new paintbrush at Lowe's tomorrow, and probably a different sealant than I originally bought, but we will recommence tomorrow. Hopefully mine only needs one more (thinned out) coat of paint plus the sealant, and Chet's probably needs two more coats plus the sealant. I'm optimistic we'll start the week with two finished products.

So far, so good, 2021!

No comments: