Friday, August 19, 2011

30 Weeks, Random, and Moving/House News

Ugh, has it already been over a week since I've blogged? The longer I wait between blog posts, the harder it is to get back into the swing of blogging; the need to post something weighs over me like an overdue term paper... But I'm always glad to get back into the swing of it!

Here is my 30-week picture, even though tomorrow is my 31-week mark! I can't believe I only have 9 weeks to go! Next week Chet will be doing some training out in the field, and Sydney and I are flying to TX soon, but after that we REALLY need to shift into baby preparation mode!

29 Weeks30 Weeks

Here are some random Syd pictures. The first picture of her with the red bow turned out fuzzy, because as soon as I walked out of the air-conditioned house and into the stifling Mississippi heat, my camera lens fogged up. The picture of her sitting on the couch with a block in her face has a funny story behind it. She has a set of 10 cardboard nesting blocks, and her round pacifier fits perfectly into the #2 block. She likes to wedge the pacifier in there and then suck on strange! In the picture she's also watching a "Your Baby Can Read" video, and they're singing "If You're Happy and You Know It". She is shouting "hooray!" in the picture. Silly girl.

I need to start talking about the house, otherwise I will never get around to it. Here goes... We drove from Jacksonville to Mississippi Sunday, July 10th, with Chet's parents in tow (they were a HUGE help!). Tuesday, July 12th, the movers arrived at our new house on base with all of our belongings (we stayed in the Navy Lodge on the Gulfport base between Sunday and Tuesday). They unloaded all of our things...and we were left with a million boxes. The unloading went as smoothly as it possibly could have, but the hard work was yet to be done. Chet's parents helped us unpack and keep Sydney occupied until they left Thursday, July 14th. Chet and I continued to unpack until my dad arrived Sunday, July 17th. He helped us unpack and get rid of ALL of the boxes, so at least we knew what we had left to put away. He left Wednesday, July 20th, and my mom and step dad arrived to help the next day. That's when the house really began to look like our home, as my mom and I scurried around decorating and directing the men where to hang things on the wall (I'm sure we were nothing but pleasant to work for, ha!). They left Sunday, July 24th, and Chet and I spend the next few days doing little finishing touches. We were all settled by the time he reported to work Friday, July 29th! I was so pleased with the transition and the speed with which we unpacked; we could not have been as efficient without the help of our family. I still haven't taken pictures of the house, but there is still work to be done (even though I said we were "all settled"), which is probably why. The main (and really the only) work left to do is to finish the new baby girl's room. (By the way, the house is two stories with three bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms.) Right now, the guest bed is still set up in her bedroom, and there are freshly washed piles of baby clothes all over the room, waiting to be hung in the closet or stowed in a drawer. Also, the baby things that will eventually go in her room but that I want out of the way at the moment are piled in a corner of our bedroom (the master bedroom is gigantic, so this is possible without being a burden). So...I feel like once the nursery is set up the house will be "finished".

That's enough house talk for now! I'm sure you're all bored to tears!

No comments: