Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tuesday Nothings

There are lots of random things on my mind this fine, rainy Tuesday morning (now it's afternoon, but still fine and rainy).  Sydney goes to preschool on Tuesdays (and Wednesdays), and I always like the routine that school days provide.  Although I'm still trying to figure out a good routine for us (especially on the days when we're all together, all day).  I am scared of summer vacation.

A few weeks ago Chet and I finished the series "The Office" (the American version).  We started watching it some time before he deployed, and we thoroughly enjoyed it.  I especially loved the last episode.  It provided much closure and was a little corny, but I'm a corny girl.

There are other shows we like to watch, but they are all hour-long shows.  Come nighttime, after the kids are in bed, I can never commit to an hour of TV (but I WILL watch two or three 20-minute shows...hmm)  So we started watching "Parks and Recreation," because, like "The Office," it is squirrelly (in regards to its type of humor) and each episode is only 21-minutes long.  We're only about five episodes in, but so far it's enjoyable.

Speaking of squirrelly sense of humor, can you say SYDNEY?  She finds humor in off-the-wall things, which makes her, well, off-the-wall, and sometimes a little inappropriate (but what 4-year old isn't inappropriate?).  This also makes her special, and I can totally identify with her sense of humor, so I find myself genuinely laughing at things she points out. I am guiding her in understanding when it's NOT okay to laugh (like when her friend falls on the ground while wearing roller skates, it's NOT because the friend is using slap-stick comedy to get a laugh out of Sydney).
How unflattering and ridiculous is this picture?
We usually have pancakes on Saturday mornings.  I like mine a little bit raw.  Chet has perfected the raw pancake, just for me.

At the end of January I had my hair colored darker than my natural color.  I've been wanting to do this for years, and finally got around to it.  It's different, and I like it, but now my roots are starting to show, and they look gray.  (Maybe they are gray.)  The color is also fading due to the passage of time, and lightening because we are spending more time outside in the sun.  I think I just need to go lighter again...but I'm concerned my hair is going to turn red if I do.  (Nothing wrong with red, I'm just not sure I'm cut out to be a red head.)

Unrelated photos:
Lorelei was the walking wounded on Sunday, after she fell and skinned her knees on our walk home from church.

Bubby is just Mr. Handsome Pants.

Have a great Tuesday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious pic of Syd! She's a ham!

Chet and Ashley said...

Haha, yes!