Sunday, August 12, 2012

Saturday & Sunday

Man, I'm tired.  I think I was on my feet all day long, except when I was in the car and when we were sitting in church.  I'm ready to put my feet up and watch some "Army Wives!"

Before I talk about the weekend, here is a picture and a video.  Sydney must have seen the picture of Lorelei with the witch's hat on her head, and wanted a similar picture of herself (notice she's even sitting in Lorelei's baby bathtub).

Recently, Lorelei started making this weird sound with her nose.  It started in response to us wiping her face clean after she ate, but now I think she does it because she knows we think it is funny.  (Excuse her blank stare in the beginning and the whining at the end -- she was ready for a nap when I took the video.)

Saturday was pretty low key.  We stayed in the house all morning, except for Chet and Sydney, who ran to the jewelry store to drop off my engagement ring and wedding band to get cleaned and inspected.  Then it was nap time for Syd.  After nap time, Syd's friend Jaterrica came over for a couple of hours.  By the time she left, we were all starving and decided to go to Dairy Queen for dinner.

After DQ we went to the outlet mall, specifically to the Croc store.  They were having a buy two, get one free sale.  I bought Lorelei a pair of tiny yellow Crocs (they probably won't fit her for a few months yet), and Sydney a matching pair of yellow Crocs, but in her next size.  Syd also got a pair of bright pink Crocs with a bright green heel strap, also in her next size.  (She currently owns three pair of Crocs that fit her.  She honestly wears the heck out of all three pair.)  I wanted to go to the Carter's store next, but we made a Good Parenting Decision and went home instead.  Woo hoo for us!

This morning we went to church, and also became members of the church today.  We had been regularly attending FBC Gulfport since December, and knew we wanted to become members for quite some time.  We are excited, and plan to start attending a Community Group (that's what they do instead of Sunday School) on Sunday evenings.

After church we went through the Starbucks drive thru, then home.  Lorelei fell asleep on the way home, so only Chet and Sydney went into the house, and I turned the car around and drove to the Carter's store (they were having a sale, and I had a coupon).  I didn't buy anything for Lorelei (she has PLENTY of clothes), just Sydney.  After we got home, I finished sorting/purging Lorelei's clothes, which made me feel GREAT!  (I love organizing.)

By this time it was a little after 4:00 p.m., and we needed to go to Walmart.  Sydney and I went alone; it was nice to have some one-on-one time with her.  (And for Chet to have one-on-one time with Lorelei).

We fixed dinner as soon as we got home, went for a short, bug-infested walk after dinner, and then did the bath time/bedtime routine.  Now here I sit. 

Thanks for reading this week!  Hopefully you enjoyed the glimpse into our every day lives...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like your gasping for breath watching canoe races while jogging, I felt tired after reading about everything that happened each day of your week! Thanks for posting so much. - PJ