Friday, November 2, 2012

A Month of Thankfulness

Each year during the month of November, many of my Facebook friends post something they are thankful for each day (I participated last year).  I'm going to do the same thing, but on this blog rather than Facebook.  It will challenge me to write each day of the month!

November 1: I think it's safe to say I was thankful that Halloween was over.

November 2: Today I am thankful for seasons.  I looked out our kitchen window a minute ago (that faces the back of the house) and realized it looked like a spooky November morning!  And I loved it!





(These pictures look "cold" to me, but it's 58 degrees, and damp.)

The "weather" seasons are each three months long.  I don't know about you, but I am always thrilled when a new season starts, and ready to move on to the next season by the end of those three months.  These 3-month long weather seasons are definitely by God's design, not accidental.  The way they unfold and their duration is perfectly planned, just like our lives (perfectly planned, not perfect!).  Based on my limited life experience, I can attest that there are seasons of life that feel as fresh as a spring morning, and others as uncomfortable as the summer's heat.

"but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
--Isaiah 40:31
 
Happy November, and happy birthday to Mom/Grammy!  We love you!

No comments: