Saturday, November 17, 2012

Days 12, 13, 14, 15, & 16

Yikes, have six days already passed?  So much for writing every day, huh?  (For the record, I have been thinking about specific things I'm thankful for each day, storing them away in my mind to blog about later.)

November 12: I am thankful for three-day weekends (Chet had Monday off in honor of Veterans' Day).  It was so nice to have one more day together, and then a short week to follow.

November 13: I am thankful for the amazing little dance studio where Sydney takes ballet.  I love everything about it.

November 14: I am thankful for the Child Development Center on base.  I dropped Sydney off Wednesday morning, and she stayed all day so that I could do a huge shopping trip to Walmart (I think the only food we had in the house was canned corn) and some house cleaning without her.  I would have dropped off Lorelei too, but she's in this in-between stage (food-wise and gross-motor-skills wise) where I don't feel comfortable leaving her for long periods of time.  Anyway, Sydney was able to play and have fun at the CDC, and I was able to get some things accomplished that she would have thought were pretty boring.

November 15: I am thankful for seemingly-random fairs/festivals on base.  Thursday there was a fair honoring military families (apparently November is the "Month of the Military Family") from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.  So as soon as Sydney woke up from her nap, we drove to the other side of base and enjoyed:

  •  A Budweiser Clydesdale Parade


We were able to pet this horse.  I can't believe how big Clydesdales are.  I thought Sydney would be scared of it, but she was all about petting him (her?)!

  • Bounce Houses


  • A Firetruck


  • Meeting "Shock" the Mississippi Surge Mascot and McGruff the Crime Dog



I thought Sydney would be scared of these guys too, but she kept wanting to hug them.

Lorelei enjoyed the festivities from here:

We were probably at the fair only 55 minutes, but it was a great (and free!) way to break up the afternoon!

November 16: I am thankful we are only six hours away from Houston.  Didi and Papa Dave drove in this weekend for a visit!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: