Friday, January 18, 2013

Week Two: 21 graces

1. The base's Child Development Center...the perfect place for Sydney to have fun on a Friday after being cooped inside all week (due to inclement weather)
2. Our property manager (in FL...he is an absolute joy to work with...seriously)
3. Getting things done you didn't even know were on your to-do list
4. An unexpected block of time to weed the flower beds
5. A trusted babysitter
6. An outing with my husband to celebrate his birthday
7. Getting our act together in time to make it to early church
8. A husband who hangs pictures perfectly (he tolerates, and often exceeds, my impossible picture-hanging standards)
9. Small changes around the house that make you smile
10. Mailing off refinance paperwork
11. Completeing a small art project with your children
12. A delicious (and easy!) crock pot dinner
13. Sticking with a discipline plan
14. Delicious crock pot dinner leftovers
15. Family Readiness Group meetings (for many reasons, but, in this particular case, to catch up with friends!)
16. Peppermint hot chocolate
17. Errands with well-behaved children
18. An evening workout (because usually I talk myself out of working out by the time evening rolls around)
19. Snow in Mississippi...not southern Mississippi, but close enough!
20. Dunkin' Donuts (the only one is nearly 20 miles away...but I was close enough to swing by there this morning for a cup of blueberry coffee!)
21. Good health care

6 comments:

Jordy Liz said...

I love when we make it to the earlier church service, too. It's tough to wake up and get going, but the day seems so much longer and more productive!

Do you live in Mississippi? If so, what part? I have family there! :)

Chet and Ashley said...

Yes! We live in Gulfport (my husband is stationed at the Seabee base). Where is your family?

Casey said...

Hi Ashley, I stopped by from Jordy's blog and am doing the graces as well this year. I got a giggle out of #4 because with two little ones myself (2 1/2 & 15 months) my unexpected block of time was recently spent cleaning out and reorganizing our garage. Funny enough I was thrilled about it but laughed about how those chunks of time used to be spent!

Danielle said...

Blueberry coffee?! I've never heard of such a thing! Sounds like it would go perfect with my favorite donut...blueberry cake donuts! :)

Chet and Ashley said...

Hi, Casey! Thanks so much for stopping by! Your babies are even closer in age than mine, and, yes, the things we choose to do in those blocks of free time and the satisfaction gained from even the strangest "projects" make me laugh too!

Chet and Ashley said...

YES!!! You need to try the blueberry coffee, Danielle (it's just a flavor shot, but still really good in my opinion). It doesn't make the coffee sweet though -- so if you like sweet coffee make sure you still add the sweetener of your choice!!!