Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Another Monday flew by...

Well, it's Tuesday again, and I'm still trying to figure out what happened to Monday.

Here's what our yesterday looked like:

6:35 a.m.: Chet wakes up Sydney (it goes without saying that Chet and I were already awake, right?)
6:45 a.m.: Lorelei wakes up, like clockwork, no matter what went on the day/night before
6:50 a.m.: Chet starts unloading all of the carseats and paraphernalia from our van because it's getting dropped off at the body shop at 8:30 a.m.
***meanwhile I'm feeding breakfast to Sydney and Lorelei and getting their lunches packed***
7:05 a.m.: Chet and Sydney leave for Sydney's school
7:20 a.m.: Chet arrives back home and has breakfast, gets packed for his own day at school, etc.
8:00 a.m.: Chet leaves for body shop
8:00 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.: I wake up Ford, make him a breakfast smoothie, make sure Lorelei is ready to go for school, wake up Ruthie, feed her, get her dressed, get myself dressed
8:50 a.m.: I wrestle three kids into carseats -- 3 in a row -- in the back of the truck (have you ever tried that? it's fun) and drive Lorelei to school (Chet usually takes Lorelei to school, but couldn't because of the body shop appointment)
9:05 a.m.: We arrive back home and Chet is home from the body shop appointment with our rental van; he transfers all of the carseats into the rental van. We realize there's an issue with our rental agreement, so he goes back to the rental car place on his way to campus to deal with it.
9:45 a.m.: Chet calls me and tells me I'll have to go by the rental car place myself in order to get the agreement changed (since I'm the one in possession of/driving the van)
10:00 a.m.: I put Ford and Ruthie back into the car to go to the rental car place; Ruthie is mad about getting back into the car
11:00 a.m.: We arrive back home and I turn on the TV for Ford so that I can quietly put Ruthie down for a nap upstairs
11:30 a.m.: Ford thwarts Ruthie's nap by coming upstairs and deciding to have what I like to call a "toddler moment" (if you don't know what that is, just know that it involves the word "no" over and over in a whiny/slightly belligerent voice)
12:00 p.m.: I feed Ford lunch
12:40 p.m.: We get back into the car (Ruthie is mad about that again) to pick up Lorelei from school
1:05 p.m.: We arrive home and I put Ford down for a nap, then Ruthie
***meanwhile, Didi arrives at our house and saves the day by bringing bread and milk that we were completely out of***
***Lorelei and I visit with Didi and I do some dishes and we get some of the laundry mountain folded while the little kids sleep***
3:30 p.m.: Ford gets up from his nap (I let him sleep a little too long because it was so gloriously quiet with just Lorelei awake)
3:50 p.m.: Lorelei and I run up to the elementary school to pick up Sydney from her drawing class (she usually rides the bus home, but on Mondays she takes a drawing class from 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.); Ruthie is up from her nap by the time we get home
4:35 p.m.: Order pizza, because why not?
5:00 p.m.: Eat dinner
5:50 p.m.: Sydney and I leave again for "Back to School Night"; I quickly realize this is just meant for the parents, so Sydney sits outside of her classroom watching the PBS Kids app on my phone
6:50 p.m.: We arrive back home and Didi and I get the oldest three bathed
7:30 p.m.: Chet arrives home from his night class
8:00 p.m. - 8:20 p.m.: Chet somehow wrestles the oldest three into bed while I sit downstairs with Ruthie and pretend like she's still a super needy newborn so that I don't have to go upstairs and help (sorry, Chet!)
8:30 p.m.: Chet and I sit in a stupor for a few minutes and quickly recount our days, then turn on an episode of "NCIS"
10:00 p.m.: Everyone's in bed

Not every day is that crazy, thank goodness. With absolutely no segue, here are some things that have made me laugh recently:

Me (jokingly) to Chet: Why are you acting so befuddled?
Chet (jokingly) to me: I'm not acting.

Lorelei: Will you still love me if I don't eat all of my food?
Me: Yes.
Lorelei: Right, because kids are more important than food.
Me: Er. Right.

Lorelei (as we're walking through a parking lot to our car): Mommy, do you know how I know which car is ours?
Me: How?
Lorelei: Because it's the one with bird poop on it.
Me: ***looks heavenward***



No comments: