Sunday, November 17, 2019

A (Mostly) Lovely View and Team Effort

I meant to post last night (Saturday), but I ran over to my neighbor's house "real quick" to get Lorelei,  and then Chet and the other kids ended up joining us and we all ended up coming home at midnight, so... (Those are our favorite kind of neighbors though.)

Yesterday morning I went for a long (cold) training run, and I had a lovely view:
I almost cropped the random orange cone and drainage pipe out of the picture, but this is a perfect representation of south Mississippi: beautiful, but also a little bit hillbilly.

This evening Chet, the kids, and I all banded together and "tidied the house." It wasn't TOO messy, but we had a full weekend and things weren't exactly where they were supposed to be. And I don't like waking up Monday morning to chaos (although it happens sometimes). (Let's all agree that probably no one likes waking up Monday morning to chaos.)

Lest you think we were all singing "Heigh ho, heigh ho, it's off to work we go!" as we worked harmoniously...no. Everyone kept their cool, but there were some close calls. But I am still thankful for the opportunity to train our children, working together toward a common goal, and a tidy home when it's all over.

Happy Sunday, friends!

No comments: